Skip to Main Content
Field instructions for the annual inventory of California, Oregon, and Washington 2010: Supplement for: Fire effects and recovery studyAuthor(s): Theresa B. Jain; Jeremy S. Fried
Source: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, Forest Inventory and Analysis Resource Monitoring and Assessment Program. 30 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis field guide supplemental describes the data items to record for Fire Effects and Recovery Study (FERS) plots; it is a supplement to the 2010 Field Instructions for the Annual Inventory of California, Oregon, and Washington (i.e., "2010 PFSL manual"). These plots are pre-selected; data items are required as specified when FIRE PLOT = Y. Additional information is collected on these plots, along with any other required measurements for the plot (e.g., P2 and P3 data). P2 measurements are always done when FIRE PLOT = Y, whether the fire plot is on panel that year or not; P3 measurements are only done if the fire plot is also a P3 plot on panel that year.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJain, Theresa B.; Fried, Jeremy S. 2010. Field instructions for the annual inventory of California, Oregon, and Washington 2010: Supplement for: Fire effects and recovery study. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, Forest Inventory and Analysis Resource Monitoring and Assessment Program. 30 p.
KeywordsFire Effects and Recovery Study (FERS) plots, inventory, measurements
- Integrating P3 Data Into P2 Analyses: What is the Added Value
- Phase 2 and phase 3 presentation grids
- A discrete global grid of photointerpretation
XML: View XML