Skip to Main Content
Photo series for quantifying forest residues in the: sierra mixed conifer type, sierra true fir type.Author(s): W.G. Maxwell; F.R. Ward
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-095. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 79 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.20 MB)
DescriptionFive series of photographs display different forest residue loading levels, by size classes, for areas of like timber type (Sierra mixed conifer and Sierra true fir) and cutting objective. Information with each photo includes measured weights, volumes and other residue data, information about the timber stand and harvest actions, and assessment of fire behavior and suppression difficulty. These photo series provide a fast and easy-to-use means for quantifying and describing existing and expected residues.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMaxwell, W.G.; Ward, F.R. 1979. Photo series for quantifying forest residues in the: sierra mixed conifer type, sierra true fir type. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-095. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 79 p
KeywordsResidues, residue management, fuel hazard rating, fire behavior (forest), slash (Sierra mixed conifer), slash (Sierra true fir), residue measurements, residue surveys
- Predictions of fire behavior and resistance to control: for use with photo series for the sierra mixed conifer type and the sierra true fir type.
- Photo series for quantifying forest residues in the coastal Douglas-fir-hemlock type.
- Stereo photo series for quantifying forest residues in the Douglas-Fir-Hemlock type of the Willamette National Forest.
XML: View XML