Skip to Main Content
Forest cover from Landsat Thematic Mapper data for use in the Catahoula anger District geographic information system.Author(s): David L. Evans
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-99. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 14 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (1.6 MB)
DescriptionA forest cover classification of the Kisatchie National Forest, Catahoula Ranger district, was performed with Landsat Thematic Mapper data. Data base retrievals and map products from this analysis demonstrated use of Landsat for forest management decisions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEvans, David L. 1994. Forest cover from Landsat Thematic Mapper data for use in the Catahoula anger District geographic information system. Gen. Tech. Rep. SO-99. New Orleans, LA: U.S. Dept of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 14 p.
Keywordsforest mapping, GIS, image processing remote sensing, supervised classification
- Accuracy assessment of biomass and forested area classification from modis, landstat-tm satellite imagery and forest inventory plot data
- Detecting and monitoring deforestation and forest degradation: Issues and obstacles for Southeast Asia
- Using landsat time-series and lidar to inform aboveground carbon baseline estimation in Minnesota
XML: View XML