Skip to Main Content
Palpi aplenty: New species in the Chrysotus longipalpus species group (Diptera: Dolichopodidae)Author(s): Justin B. Runyon; Renato S. Capellari
Source: Zootaxa. 4399(4): 579-585.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (8.0 MB)
DescriptionFour new Nearctic species belonging to the Chrysotus longipalpus species group are described: Chrysotus keyensis sp. nov. (Florida), Chrysotus mccreadiei sp. nov. (Alabama), Chrysotus mystax sp. nov. (Alabama), and Chrysotus plumarista sp. nov. (Alabama). This brings the number of known species in this group to twelve. A key to species of males of the C. longipalpus species group and new distribution records are provided.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRunyon, Justin B.; Capellari, Renato S. 2018. Palpi aplenty: New species in the Chrysotus longipalpus species group (Diptera: Dolichopodidae). Zootaxa. 4399(4): 579-585.
Keywordstaxonomy, Diptera, Dolichopodidae, Chrysotus, palpi, ornaments, Nearctic, Neotropical
- Two new species of burrowing crayfish in the genus Lacunicambarus (Decapoda: Cambaridae) from Alabama and Mississippi
- New Elaphomyces species (Elaphomycetaceae, Eurotiales, Ascomycota) from Guyana
- Two new species of Hurleyella Runyon and Robinson (Diptera: Dolichopodidae), with the first record from the Neotropics
XML: View XML