Skip to Main Content
El Yunque National Forest AtlasAuthor(s): Maya Quiñones; Isabel K. Parés-Ramos; William A. Gould; Grizelle Gonzalez; Kathleen McGinley; Pedro Ríos
Source: General Technical Report
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: International Institute of Tropical Forestry
PDF: Download Publication (112.0 MB)
Related Research Highlights
El Yunque National Forest Atlas release
DescriptionEl Yunque National Forest Atlas is a collaborative effort by the International Institute of Tropical Forestry and El Yunque National Forest to provide upto-date maps and analyses of spatial information of an important natural reserve in Puerto Rico and the only tropical forest in the National Forest System of the United States. El Yunque National Forest Atlas serves as a companion tool to the El Yunque National Forest 2014 Forest Plan Assessment Report, Phase One, under the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Forest Service 2012 Planning Rule. The assessment documents current ecological, socioeconomic, and cultural conditions of the forest and the surrounding landscape, as part of the El Yunque National Forest management plan revision process, which will establish requirements and constraints to make management decisions within the forest. The El Yunque National Forest 2014 Forest Plan Assessment Report is available at: https://go.usa.gov/cS5Tk.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationQuiñones, Maya; Parés-Ramos, Isabel K.; Gould, William A.; Gonzalez, Grizelle; McGinley, Kathleen; Ríos, Pedro. 2018. El Yunque National Forest Atlas. Gen. Tech. Rep. IITF-GTR-47. San Juan, PR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, International Institute of Tropical Forestry. 63 p.
KeywordsAtlas, Forests, El Yunque National Forest, GIS, Puerto Rico.
- El Atlas del Bosque Nacional El Yunque
- The Luquillo Mountains: forest resources and their history
- Human dynamics and forest management: a baseline assessment of the socioeconomic characteristics of the region surrounding the El Yunque National Forest
XML: View XML