Skip to Main Content
Washington’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2002–2011Author(s): Justin Holgerson; Sharon Stanton; Karen Waddell; Marin Palmer; Olaf Kuegler; Glenn Christensen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-962. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 112 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (11.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from data collected by the Forest Inventory and Analysis program across all forest land in the state of Washington from 2002 through 2011, updating previously published findings from data collected up to 2006. We summarize and interpret basic resource information such as forest area, composition, ownership, volume, biomass, and carbon stocks; forest structure and function topics such as biodiversity, forest age, and dead wood; disturbance information such as wildfire, root disease, and invasive plants; and include data on tree growth, mortality, and removals for timber products.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHolgerson, Justin; Stanton, Sharon; Waddell, Karen; Palmer, Marin; Kuegler, Olaf; Christensen, Glenn, tech. eds. 2018. Washington’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2002–2011. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-962. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 112 p.
KeywordsBiomass, carbon, dead wood, fire, forest land, invasive plants, inventory, timber volume, timberland, monitoring.
- Washington’s forest resources, 2002–2006: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report
- Guam’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2013
- American Samoa’s forest resources: Forest inventory and analysis, 2012
XML: View XML