Skip to Main Content
Art/Science Collaborations: New Explorations of Ecological Systems, Values, and their FeedbacksAuthor(s): Aaron M. Ellison; Carri J. LeRoy; Kim J. Landsbergen; Emily Bosanquet; David Buckley Borden; Paul J. CaraDonna; Katherine Cheney; Robert Crystal-Ornelas; Ardis DeFreece; Lissy Goralnik; Ellie Irons; Bethann Garramon Merkle; Kari E. B. O'Connell; Clint A. Penick; Lindsey Rustad; Mark Schulze; Nickolas M. Waser; Linda M. Wysong
Source: The Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (5.0 MB)
DescriptionCollaborations between artists and scientists have a long history. In recent years, artists have joined with ecologists to showcase biodiversity, links between biodiversity and ecosystem function, and the effects of human activities on the broader environment. In many cases, artists also have provided “broader impacts” for ecological research activities, communicating scientific findings in creative and novel ways to audiences much broader than the readership of our technical journals.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationEllison, Aaron M.; LeRoy, Carri J.; Landsbergen, Kim J.; Bosanquet, Emily; Borden, David Buckley; CaraDonna, Paul J.; Cheney, Katherine; Crystal-Ornelas, Robert; DeFreece, Ardis; Goralnik, Lissy; Irons, Ellie; Merkle, Bethann Garramon; O'Connell, Kari E. B.; Penick, Clint A.; Rustad, Lindsey; Schulze, Mark; Waser, Nickolas M.; Wysong, Linda M. 2018. Art/Science Collaborations: New Explorations of Ecological Systems, Values, and their Feedbacks. The Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America. 99(2): 180-191. https://doi.org/10.1002/bes2.1384.
- Caribbean landscapes and their biodiversity
- Fire effects on rock images and similar cultural resources [Chapter 5]
XML: View XML