Skip to Main Content
Survey of candidate genes for maize resistance to infection by Aspergillus flavus and/or aflatoxin contaminationAuthor(s): Leigh Hawkins; Marilyn Warburton; Juliet Tang; John Tomashek; Dafne Alves Oliveira; Oluwaseun Ogunola; J. Smith; W. Williams
Source: Toxins. 10(61): 1-10.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (756.0 KB)
DescriptionMany projects have identified candidate genes for resistance to aflatoxin accumulation or Aspergillus flavus infection and growth in maize using genetic mapping, genomics, transcriptomics and/or proteomics studies. However, only a small percentage of these candidates have been validated in field conditions, and their relative contribution to resistance, if any, is unknown. This study presents a consolidated list of candidate genes identified in past studies or in-house studies, with descriptive data including genetic location, gene annotation, known protein identifiers, and associated pathway information, if known. a candidate gene pipeline to test The phenotypic effect of any maize DNa sequence on aflatoxin accumulation resistance was used in this study to determine any measurable effect on polymorphisms within or linked to The candidate gene sequences, and The results are published here.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHawkins, Leigh; Warburton, Marilyn; Tang, Juliet; Tomashek, John; Alves Oliveira, Dafne; Ogunola, Oluwaseun; Smith, J.; Williams, W. 2018. Survey of candidate genes for maize resistance to infection by Aspergillus flavus and/or aflatoxin contamination. Toxins. 10(61): 1-10.
KeywordsMaize, aflatoxin, candidate genes
- Characterization of the maize lipoxygenase gene family in relation to aflatoxin accumulation resistance
- genome-wide association and metabolic pathway analysis of corn earworm resistance in maize
- Genome-Wide Association Mapping of and Aspergillus flavus Aflatoxin Accumulation Resistance in Maize
XML: View XML