Skip to Main Content
Regional climate response collaboratives: Multi-institutional support for climate resilienceAuthor(s): Kristen Averyt; Justin D. Derner; Lisa Dilling; Rafael Guerrero; Linda Joyce; Shannon McNeeley; Elizabeth McNie; Jeffrey Morisette; Dennis Ojima; Robin O'Malley; Dannele Peck; Andrea J. Ray; Matt Reeves; William Travis
Source: Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. 99: 891-898.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (604.0 KB)
DescriptionClimate variability and change affect society across numerous sectors at multiple spatiotemporal scales. New demands for information and decision support tools to enhance climate resilience at regional scales have prompted diverse agency investments over the past decade (2010s). Here, we discuss lessons learned from a regional climate response collaborative composed of three different climate-service entities and using a multi-institutional approach. These entities have defined roles and responsibilities in terms of the agency missions and expectations, the landscapes they work in, and their stakeholders, but are also linked together by common elements such as climate information needs, shared water resources, and intersecting socioeconomic systems. We can now draw on agencies' experiences to understand how best to leverage existing research, infrastructure, and capacity (personnel and resources) to maximize effectiveness while avoiding redundancy.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAveryt, Kristen; Derner, Justin D.; Dilling, Lisa; Guerrero, Rafael; Joyce, Linda; McNeeley, Shannon; McNie, Elizabeth; Morisette, Jeffrey; Ojima, Dennis; O'Malley, Robin; Peck, Dannele; Ray, Andrea J.; Reeves, Matt; Travis, William. 2018. Regional climate response collaboratives: Multi-institutional support for climate resilience. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. 99: 891-898.
Keywordsclimate change, climate resilience, regional scales, socioeconomic systems
- Climate change vulnerabilities and adaptation options for forest vegetation management in the northwestern USA
- Implementing climate change adaptation in forested regions of the United States
- Assessing social vulnerability to climate change in human communities near public forests and grasslands: a framework for resource managers and planners
XML: View XML