Skip to Main Content
Future challenges for woody biomass projectionsAuthor(s): Klemens Schadauer; Susana Barreiro; Mart-Jan Schelhaas; Ronald E. McRoberts
Source: In: Barreiro, Susana; Schelhaas, Mart-Jan; McRoberts, Ronald E.; Kändler, Gerald. Forest inventory-based projection systems for wood and biomass availability. Dodrecht, Netherlands: Springer: 69-76.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (174.0 KB)
DescriptionThe importance of forests for satisfying social, economic, and ecological demands continues to increase. National Forest Inventories (NFIs) are the main tool for responding to the information requests related to these demands. National and international reporting obligations mirror these needs for information, but due to a lack of political coordination, NFIs use a huge variety of data collection protocols and reporting formats including non-matching terms and definitions. These circumstances characterize the challenges linked to international information requests for estimates of future wood and biomass supply.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchadauer, Klemens; Barreiro, Susana; Schelhaas, Mart-Jan; McRoberts, Ronald E. 2017. Future challenges for woody biomass projections. In: Barreiro, Susana; Schelhaas, Mart-Jan; McRoberts, Ronald E.; Kändler, Gerald. Forest inventory-based projection systems for wood and biomass availability. Dodrecht, Netherlands: Springer: 69-76.
- Advances and emerging issues in national forest inventories
- Comparison of Kalman filters in combining panel data from the annual inventory system of the South Korea National Forest Inventory
- The design of the second German national forest inventory
XML: View XML