Skip to Main Content
United States of AmericaAuthor(s): Ronald E. McRoberts; Patrick D. Miles
Source: In: Vidal, Claude; Alberdi, Iciar; Hernandez, Laura; Redmond, John, eds. National forest inventories. Assessment of wood availaibility and use. Geneva, Switzerland: Springer: 829-842. Chapter 45.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThe national forest inventory (NFI) of the United States of America (USA) is conducted by the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) programme of the U.S. Forest Service, an agency of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The FIA programme has been in continuous existence since 1928 and is the only organisation that collects, compiles, archives, analyses, and publishes state, regional, and national forest information on all ownerships of forest land in the USA. The history of the programme is documented in numerous publications including LaBau et al. (2007), Gregoire (1992) and Yan Hooser et al. (1992); recent history is documented in McRoberts et al. (2005, 2010) and Bechtold and Patterson (2005).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcRoberts, Ronald E.; Miles, Patrick D. 2016. United States of America. In: Vidal, Claude; Alberdi, Iciar; Hernandez, Laura; Redmond, John, eds. National forest inventories. Assessment of wood availaibility and use. Geneva, Switzerland: Springer: 829-842. Chapter 45. https://doi.org/ 10.10007/978-3-319-44015-6_45.
XML: View XML