Skip to Main Content
United States housing Brief, March 2018Author(s): Delton Alderman
Source: Res. Note FPL-RN-0360. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe collective U.S. housing market was mixed in March, and new single-family (SF) sales improved positively on a monthly basis. SF housing starts declined on a monthly basis, as well as new SF construction and remodeling spending. Existing house sales were negative on a year-over-year basis. Other housing categories appear to have flat-lined on a monthly basis. Regionally, data were mixed across all sectors.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlderman, Delton. 2018. United States housing Brief, March 2018. Res. Note FPL-RN-0360. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
KeywordsHousing permits, starts, under construction, completions, construction spending, new sales, existing sales, regional housing data, economic indicators
- United States housing brief, November 2017
- United States housing brief, June 2018
- United States housing brief, February 2018
XML: View XML