Skip to Main Content
United States housing brief, February 2018Author(s): Delton Alderman
Source: Res. Note FPL-RN-0359. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe collective U.S. housing market was mixed in February, and once again new single-family (SF) sales were revised sharply downward. SF housing starts were robust, and other housing categories appear to have flat-lined on a monthly basis. Regionally, data were mixed across all sectors. New SF construction and remodeling spending remain positive, increasing at an incremental pace.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlderman, Delton. 2018. United States housing brief, February 2018. Res. Note FPL-RN-0359. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
KeywordsHousing permits, starts, under construction, completions, construction spending, new sales, existing sales, regional housing data, economic indicators
- United States housing Brief, March 2018
- United States housing brief, January 2018
- United States housing brief, November 2017
XML: View XML