Skip to Main Content
United States housing brief, April 2018Author(s): Delton Alderman
Source: Res. Note FPL-RN-361. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe collective U.S. housing market, on a monthly basis, was mixed in April 2018. Encouraging were the year-over-year readings, which were overwhelmingly positive, except for existing house sales. Single-family housing starts, permits, and under construction improved on a monthly basis. Existing house sales were negative on a month-over-month and year-over-year basis. Regionally, data were mixed across all sectors.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlderman, Delton. 2018. United States housing brief, April 2018. Res. Note FPL-RN-361. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 1-8.
KeywordsHousing permits, starts, under construction, completions, construction spending, new sales, existing sales, regional housing data, economic indicators
- United States housing brief, July 2018
- United States housing brief, June 2018
- United States housing brief, November 2017
XML: View XML