Skip to Main Content
Socioeconomic vulnerability to ecological changes to national forests and grasslands in the SouthwestAuthor(s): Michael S. Hand; Henry Eichman; F. Jack Triepke; Delilah Jaworski
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-383. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 100 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (10.0 MB)
DescriptionThe flow of ecosystem services derived from forests and grasslands in the Southwestern United States may change in the future. People and communities may be vulnerable if they are exposed, are sensitive, and have limited ability to adapt to ecological changes. Geospatial descriptions of ecosystem services, projected climate-related ecological changes, and socioeconomic conditions are used to assess socioeconomic vulnerability to changes in the provision of ecosystem services by national forests and grasslands in the Southwest. Vulnerability is uneven in the Southwest due to varying projected effects of climate on forest ecosystem services, and different levels of exposure, sensitivity, and adaptive capacity of people in the region.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationHand, Michael S.; Eichman, Henry; Triepke, F. Jack; Jaworski, Delilah. 2018. Socioeconomic vulnerability to ecological changes to national forests and grasslands in the Southwest. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-383. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 100 p.
Keywordsecosystem services, socioeconomic vulnerability, economic contribution, national forests and grasslands
- Resilience of Athabascan subsistence systems to interior Alaska's changing climate
- Assessment of aspen ecosystem vulnerability to climate change for the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache and Ashley National Forests, Utah
- Assessing the vulnerability of watersheds to climate change: results of national forest watershed vulnerability pilot assessments
XML: View XML