Skip to Main Content
Forests of Vermont, 2017Author(s): Randall S. Morin
Source: Resource Update FS-164. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 3 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
View PDF (277.0 KB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of the forest resources in Vermont based upon inventories conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station. Information about the national and regional FIA program is available online at www.fia.fs.fed.us. Since 2003, FIA has implemented an annual inventory measuring 14 percent of sample plots each year. For the 2017 inventory, estimates for current variables, such as area, volume, and biomass, are based on 1,125 (925 forested) plots inventoried from 2011–2017. Change variables, such as net growth, removals, and mortality, are based on 970 (775 forested) plots inventoried in 2008-2012 and resampled in 2011–2017. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are included for comparison. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005) and O'Connell et al.(2017) for definitions and technical details. Additional data and reports are available online (www.nrs.fs.fed.us/fia/data-tools/state-reports/VT). A complete set of inventory tables is available at https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-164.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMorin, Randall S. 2018. Forests of Vermont, 2017. Resource Update FS-164. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 3 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-164.
XML: View XML