Skip to Main Content
Wyoming’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part IV: Supplemental tablesAuthor(s): Chelsea P. McIver; Colin B. Sorenson; Todd A. Morgan; John D. Shaw
Source: Resour. Bull. RMRS-RB-27-4. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 16 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe University of Montana’s Bureau of Business and Economic Research, in conjunction with the Interior West Forest Inventory and Analysis Program of the U.S. Forest Service, conducted a census of Wyoming’s timber processors that operated during calendar year 2014. Through a written questionnaire, phone or inperson interview, timber-processing and residue-utilizing facilities provided information about their 2014 operations, including: * plant location, production, capacity, and employment; * volume of raw material received, by county and ownership; * species of timber received and live/dead proportions; * finished product volumes, types, sales value, and market locations; and * volume, utilization, and marketing of manufacturing residue. The facility-level information was then compiled and summarized. Because this study is based on a census, rather than a statistical sample of firms, there is no statistical error associated with the estimates presented. Possibilities of reporting and measurement errors exist, but are minimized by cross-checking data against other public and private information sources and by checking the data for internal consistency. Summary data tables and figures are reviewed by wood products researchers, State and Federal agency personnel, and members of the State’s forest products industry. However, firm-level data are confidential and will not be released.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcIver, Chelsea P.; Sorenson, Colin B.; Morgan, Todd A.; Shaw, John D. 2018. Wyoming’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part IV: Supplemental tables. Resour. Bull. RMRS-RB-27-4. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 16 p.
KeywordsWyoming forest products industry, timber resources, timber harvest, timber flow
- Montana’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part IV: Supplemental Tables
- Wyoming’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part I: Timber harvest, products, and flow
- Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest 2013 with trends through 2014
XML: View XML