Skip to Main Content
Forests of Ohio, 2017Author(s): Thomas A. Albright
Source: Resource Update FS-171. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (809.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of the forest resources in Ohio based on inventories conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly.1Information about the national and regional FIA program is available online at http://fia.fs.fed.us. Since 2001, FIA has implemented an annual inventory in Ohio. For the 2017 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 4,272 (1,646 forested) plot samples collected from 2011 to 2017. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 4,125 (1,510 forested) samples collected from 2006–2011 and remeasuredfrom 2011–2017. Estimates from previous inventories are shown for comparison. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005), Gormanson et al. (2018), and O'Connell et al. (2017) for definitions and technical details. A complete set of inventory tables is available at https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-171.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlbright, Thomas A. 2018. Forests of Ohio, 2017. Resource Update FS-171. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-171.
XML: View XML