Proceedings of the 19th biennial southern silvicultural research conferenceAuthor(s): Julia E. Kirschman
Source: e-Gen. Technical Report SRS-234. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (14.0 MB)
DescriptionThe 19th Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference was held in Blacksburg, VA, March 14–16, 2017. This conference provided a forum for silviculturists, researchers, and practitioners to exchange the latest research information on the ecology and management of southern forests. Of the 70 oral presentations and 55 posters presented during the conference, 56 papers and 16 poster abstracts were submitted for these proceedings. The papers cover 15 topics, which include Oak Silviculture, Invasive Species, Disturbance and Damaging Agents, Forest Mensuration and Modeling, Pine Bark Beetle, Loblolly Pine Fertilization, Afforestation, Long-Term Silvicultural Studies, Bottomland Silviculture, Forest Soils and Best Management Practices, Loblolly Pine: Density & Competition Control, Shortleaf Pine Silviculture, Longleaf Pine Silviculture, Ecophysiology, and Fire. Papers and abstracts from oral and poster presentations provide managers with the latest research from universities, government agencies, and natural resource agencies.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKirschman, Julia E., comp. 2018. Proceedings of the 19th biennial southern silvicultural research conference. e-Gen. Technical Report SRS-234. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 444 p
KeywordsAfforestation, BMP, bottomland, disturbance, ecophysiology, fertilization, fire, forest mensuration, invasive, loblolly pine, longleaf pine, modeling, oak, pine bark beetles, shortleaf pine, silviculture, soil.
- Proceedings of the 20th Biennial Southern Silvicultural Research Conference
- Proceedings of the 18th biennial southern silvicultural research conference
- Timber management guide for shortleaf pine and oak-pine types in Missouri.
XML: View XML