Skip to Main Content
Forests of Kansas, 2017Author(s): Dacia M. Meneguzzo
Source: Resource Update FS-172. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (579.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Kansas based on inventories conducted by the USDA Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station. For annual inventory years 2001–2013, the cycle length was equal to 5 years. Beginning in 2014, the cycle length was changed to 7 years. For the 2017 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 8,715 field plot samples (593 forested) collected from 2011–2017. Change variables, such as net growth, removals, and mortality, are based on 8,661(554 forested) samples collected in 2006–2011 and resampled in 2011–2017. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are shown for comparison. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005), O'Connell et al. (2014), and Gormanson et al. (2017) for definitions and technical details. Sampling errors and error bars shown in tables and figures in this report represent 68 percent confidence intervals. A complete set of inventory tables is available at https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-172.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMeneguzzo, Dacia M. 2018. Forests of Kansas, 2017. Resource Update FS-172. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 5 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-172.
XML: View XML