Skip to Main Content
Ecosystem services from forested landscapes: where we are and where we goAuthor(s): Louis R. Iverson; Ajith H. Perera; Guillermo M. Pastur; Urmas Peterson
Source: In: Perera, Ajith H.; Peterson, Urmas; Pastur, Guillermo M.; Iverson, Louis R., eds. Ecosystem services from forest landscapes: broadscale considerations. New York, NY: Springer International: 249-258.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (505.0 KB)
DescriptionIn this chapter, we aim for three goals: (1) We summarize some key features from the chapters, as they pertain to the overall themes of the book. The chapters themselves provide great resources to bring awareness to some newer and broader aspects of forest ecosystem services as well as a literature-rich, synthetic approach to understanding these advances and future visions for related research and application. We will highlight some of those points here. (2) We then aim to provide some emerging messages resulting from these newer approaches to understanding the complexities of planning for, evaluating, and accentuating the FES. (3) Finally, we provide some insights on science gaps, research priorities, and potentials for knowledge transfer mainly into practitioners and policy makers.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIverson, Louis R.; Perera, Ajith H.; Pastur, Guillermo M.; Peterson, Urmas. 2018. Ecosystem services from forested landscapes: where we are and where we go. In: Perera, Ajith H.; Peterson, Urmas; Pastur, Guillermo M.; Iverson, Louis R., eds. Ecosystem services from forest landscapes: broadscale considerations. New York, NY: Springer International: 249-258.
- Urban FIA: where we have been, where we are, and where we are going
- Simulation modeling of forest landscape disturbances: Where do we go from here?
- Future and outlook: Where are we, and where will the spatial information management in wildlife ecology be in 50 years from now? [Chapter 24]
XML: View XML