Skip to Main Content
Forest landscape hydrology in a ‘New Normal’ era of climate and land use changeAuthor(s): Jones Julia A.; Xiaohua (Adam) Wei; Meine van Noordwijk; Irena F. Creed; Mark Gush; David Ellison; Juan A. Blanco; Kevin Bishop; Steven G. McNulty; Emma Archer; Aida Bargués Tobella; Leendert A. (Sampurno) Bruijnzeel; Peter Duinker; David Foster; Aster Gebrekirstos; Krysta Giles-Hansen; Andrew Hacket-Pain; Richard J. Harper; Ulrik Ilstedt; Qiang Li; Yingchun Liao; Anders Malmer; Hosea Mwangi; Chloe Orland; James Steenberg; Yi Wang; Fiona Worthy; Jianchu Xu; Mingfang ZhangIn
Source: In:Forest and Water on a Changing Planet: Vulnerability, Adaptation and Governance Opportunities Assessment Report (I.F. Creed and M. van Noordwijk, eds.). IUFRO World Series
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (1014.0 KB)
DescriptionBuilding on the eco-hydrological insights reviewed in Chapter 2 and the ongoing change in determinants of the forest-water relationship in Chapter 3, this chapter aims to clarify the effects that changing climate and quantity, quality and pattern of tree cover in forests have on the way water becomes available for human use and ecosystem integrity. To do this, the chapter synthesises current understanding of implications for local and global hydrology of current and anticipated changes to forests and tree cover.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationJones Julia A.; Wei, Xiaohua (Adam); van Noordwijk, Meine; Creed, Irena F.; Gush, Mark; Ellison, David; Blanco, Juan A.; Bishop, Kevin; McNulty, Steven G.; Archer, Emma; Tobella, Aida Bargués; Bruijnzeel, Leendert A. (Sampurno); Duinker, Peter; Foster, David; Gebrekirstos, Aster; Giles-Hansen, Krysta; Hacket-Pain, Andrew; Harper, Richard J.; Ilstedt, Ulrik; Li, Qiang; Liao, Yingchun; Malmer, Anders; Mwangi, Hosea; Orland, Chloe; Steenberg, James; Wang, Yi; Worthy, Fiona; Xu, Jianchu; ZhangIn, Mingfang. 2018. Forest landscape hydrology in a ‘New Normal’ era of climate and land use change. In:Forest and Water on a Changing Planet: Vulnerability, Adaptation and Governance Opportunities Assessment Report (I.F. Creed and M. van Noordwijk, eds.). IUFRO World Series Volume 38. p. 81-99. Vienna.
- Climate-forest-water-people relations: Seven system delineations
- Management options for dealing with changing forest-water relations
- Modeling hydrologic responses to deforestation/forestation and climate change at multiple scales in the Southern US and China
XML: View XML