Skip to Main Content
Conservation Assessment for the Van Dyke's Salamander (Plethodon vandykei) Version 1.0Author(s): Deanna Olson; Charlie Crisafulli
Source: Online only: Interagency Special Status/Sensitive Species Program (ISSSSP)
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (787.0 KB)
DescriptionWe provide a comprehensive synthesis of the biology and ecology of the Van Dyke's Salamander, review known and suspected threats, and outline alternative management considerations. This species is agency sensitive and is listed as a Survey and Manage species under the Northwest Forest Plan. This document will aid Forest Service Region 6 forest managers and biologists in planning for projects within the species range in Washington, especially on National Forests in the Olympic Peninsula and Cascade Range.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOlson, Deanna H.; Crisafulli, Charles M. 2014. Conservation Assessment for the Van Dyke's Salamander (Plethodon vandykei) Version 1.0. Interagency Special Status/Sensitive Species Program (ISSSSP) Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Region, Bureau of Land Management. 56p. Online:https://www.fs.fed.us/r6/sfpnw/issssp/species-index/fauna-amphibians.shtml.
KeywordsPlethodontid, forest management, Washington, seeps, streams, riparian.
- Associations of the Van Dyke's salamander (Plethodon vandykei) with geomorphic conditions in headwall seeps of the Cascade Range, Washington State.
- Plethodon punctatus (Cow Knob salamander). Arboreal behavior
- Life history and ecology of the southern redback salamander, Plethodon serratus, in Missouri
XML: View XML