Skip to Main Content
Analysts guide to FEEMA for financial analysis of ecosystem management activities.Author(s): Roger D. Fight; John T. Chmelik
Source: (Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL ; PNW-GTR-111):5 p. ; 28 cm
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (250 KB)
DescriptionThis report describes strategies for using the Financial Evaluation of Ecosystem Management Activities (FEEMA) software. This program was developed as a tool for assessing the financial viability of management activities for removing small trees for manufacture into wood products. Combinations of tree stands, management activities, and contractual requirements can be ranked along a continuum from actions that are unlikely to pay for themselves under any economic conditions to those that are likely to cover their implementation costs. The program can be used early in the planning process to obtain information on the potential net value of alternative strategies or later to assess the financial feasibility of a tentative plan. This report includes information on data input files, validation and interpretation of analysis results, and flexibility of the program.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFight, Roger D.; Chmelik, John T. 1998. Analysts guide to FEEMA for financial analysis of ecosystem management activities. (Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL ; PNW-GTR-111):5 p. ; 28 cm
Keywordseconomic analysis, resource management, forest management, financial evaluation of ecosystem management activities
- Overview and example application of the Landscape Treatment Designer
- Sustainable Landscapes Assessment for the Philippines
- Risk assessment for biodiversity conservation planning in Pacific Northwest forests
XML: View XML