Skip to Main Content
Comparative Decay Resistance of Heartwood of Native SpeciesAuthor(s):
Source: (Research note FPL ; 0153):2 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (50 KB)
DescriptionGives the general resistance to decay of a number of native wood species grown in the United States, and some factors affecting decay resistance.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Citationnull 1967. Comparative Decay Resistance of Heartwood of Native Species. (Research note FPL ; 0153):2 p.
KeywordsDecay, Resistance, Heartwood, Sapwood, Untreated wood, Natural decay resistance
- Development of wood decay in wound-initiated discolored wood of eastern red cedar
- Exploring the hypothesis that limiting diffusion of fungal oxidants underlies decay resistance in acetylated wood
- Preliminary investigation of biological resistance, water absorption and swelling of thermally compressed pine wood panels
XML: View XML