Skip to Main Content
Wood handbook : wood as an engineering material.Author(s): Forest Products Laboratory
Source: General technical report FPL ; GTR-113. Madison, WI : U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory: xi,  pages : ill. ; 28 cm.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (6 KB)
DescriptionSummarizes information on wood as an engineering material. Presents properties of wood and wood-based products of particular concern to the architect and engineer. Includes discussion of designing with wood and wood-based products along with some pertinent uses.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationForest Products Laboratory 1999. Wood handbook : wood as an engineering material. General technical report FPL ; GTR-113. Madison, WI : U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory: xi,  pages : ill. ; 28 cm.
KeywordsPhysical properties of wood, Mechanical properties of wood, Lumber, Plywood, Wood anatomy, Building material, Wood technology, Structural wood, Wood preservation, Fire resistance, Wood moisture, Finishes, Particleboard, Fiberboards, Paperboard, Timber connector, Improved wood, Wood structure, Wood-based composites, Panel products, Design, Fastenings, Drying, Gluing, Finishing, Wood decay, Sandwich construction, Wood-based products
- Wood handbook: Wood as an engineering material
- Wood handbook : wood as an engineering material
- Mechanical properties of wood-based composite materials
XML: View XML