Skip to Main Content
Workflow for publishing forestry LCI data through the LCA commons: a case studyAuthor(s): Shaobo Liang; Richard Bergman; Hongmei Gu
Source: Res. Note FPL-RN-0364. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory: 1-6.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (3.0 MB)
DescriptionThe USDA National Agricultural Library (NAL) maintains the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Commons, an open-access data repository. The LCA Commons supports the Federal LCA research community to advance LCA research through collaboration on matters of data transfer and access. NAL and USDA Forest Service (USFS) are collaborating to develop a consistent and repeatable workflow to systematically provide public access to life-cycle inventory (LCI) data for forestry and forest-based products. The workflow, which includes modeling, format conversion, and publication through the LCA Commons, must be demonstrated and documented so that researchers supporting the USFS LCA mission can publish data sets through the LCA Commons. NAL and USFS have collaborated to publish two unit processes for a distributed renewable energy production system, which NAL compiled into a product system model and published as a proof of concept for publishing a forestry data set. This proof of concept illustrates the scope of work required to efficiently publish data sets and assuring good data fidelity, and the functionality required of a full development-to-publication workflow. The proposed workflow document will become a standard reference for forestry LCI data submissions for the Forest Products Laboratory (FPL) in the future.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiang, Shaobo; Bergman, Richard; Gu, Hongmei. 2018. Workflow for publishing forestry LCI data through the LCA commons: a case study. Research Note FPL-RN-0364. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory: p. 1-6.
Keywordslife cycle inventory, LCI, database, LCA Commons
- LCA Study for Pilot Scale Production of Cellulose Nano Crystals (CNC) from Wood Pulp
- Life-Cycle Inventory Analysis of I-joist Production in the United States
- Life cycle assessment and environmental building declaration for the design building at the University of Massachusetts
XML: View XML