Visual resource stewardship conference proceedings: landscape and seascape management in a time of changeAuthor(s): Paul H. Gobster; Richard C. Smardon
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-183. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 279 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (14.0 MB)
DescriptionContains 27 papers, 5 abstracts, and 7 visual case studies from the Visual Resource Stewardship Conference: Landscape and Seascape Management in a Time of Change, held at Argonne National Laboratory in Lemont, Illinois, on November 7–9, 2017. The material covers topical themes related to Federal Agency programs and policies, theory and concepts, visual quality assessment, visual impact assessment and mitigation, and visual resource management tools and technology. The visual case studies emphasize visual presentation of material with supporting text descriptions.
This document is being published in electronic format only. Any corrections or additions will be posted to the Website: https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-183.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGobster, Paul H.; Smardon, Richard C., eds. 2018. Visual resource stewardship conference proceedings: landscape and seascape management in a time of change. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-183. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 279 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-183.
Keywordsvisual resource management, scenery management, landscape assessment, visual landscape inventories, landscape visualization
- Assessing public concern for landscape quality: a potential model to identify visual thresholds
- Landscape control points: a procedure for predicting and monitoring visual impacts
- Introduction: Visual Resource Stewardship: Landscape and Seascape Management in a Time of Change
XML: View XML