The role of native peoples in managing natural disastersAuthor(s): Arnaldo Bueso
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-261 (English). Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station: 241.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (287.0 KB)
The leading role of native peoples in natural disaster management within the framework of the Promotion of Food Security and Social Inclusion in the Lempa Region of Western Honduras Program (PROSADE LEMPA) involves:
- Actions aimed at reducing the imminent risk to remnant forests and the most vulnerablepopulations due to "Natural Disaster" caused by fires and pests.
- The participation of key actors such as indigenous peoples, government, civil society,private enterprise and international cooperation in fire management.
- Systematization of PROSADE LEMPA’s experience with vulnerable populations mostaffected by natural disasters.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBueso, Arnaldo. 2019. The role of native peoples in managing natural disasters [Abstract]. In: González-Cabán, Armando; Sánchez, José J., tech. eds. Proceedings of the fifth international symposium on fire economics, planning, and policy: ecosystem services and wildfires. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-261 (English). Albany, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station: 241.
- International Wildfire Emergencies: Management in the 21st Century
- A burning problem: social dynamics of disaster risk reduction through wildfire mitigation
- Federal disaster assistance programs
XML: View XML