Skip to Main Content
A conservation assessment and strategy for the Humboldt marten in California and OregonAuthor(s): Keith M. Slauson; Gregory A. Schmidt; William J. Zielinski; Phillip J. Detrich; Richard L. Callas; James Thrailkill; Brenda Devlin-Craig; Desiree A. Early; Keith A. Hamm; Kristin N. Schmidt; Amber Transou; Christopher J. West
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-260. Arcata, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 124 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (6.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report is based on the final version of the Humboldt marten (Martes caurina humboldtensis) conservation assessment and strategy submitted on September 30, 2017 by the Humboldt Marten Conservation Group. This assessment and strategy was developed in response to the decline of the Humboldt marten throughout most of its historical range in California and Oregon. The first four chapters synthesize the state of the knowledge on the Humboldt marten and relevant ecological and management aspects of the forest habitats it occupies. The final chapter identifies overall conservation goals, evaluates current threats or impediments to achieving those goals, and identifies a series of conservation actions and information needs that could help to achieve the overall conservation goals.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSlauson, Keith M.; Schmidt, Gregory A.; Zielinski, William J.; Detrich, Phillip J.; Callas, Richard L.; Thrailkill, James; Devlin-Craig, Brenda; Early, Desiree A.; Hamm, Keith A.; Schmidt, Kristin N.; Transou, Amber; West, Christopher J. 2019. A conservation assessment and strategy for the Humboldt marten in California and Oregon. Gen. Tech. Rep. PSW-GTR-260. Arcata, CA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station. 124 p.
KeywordsMartes caurina humboldtensis, Humboldt marten, coastal California, coastal Oregon, conservation strategy
- Ecology of American martens in coastal northwestern California
- Chapter 7: Information needs and a research strategy for conserving forest carnivores
- Searching for Martens in Coastal Oregon
XML: View XML