Skip to Main Content
Coniophoropsis bambusicola sp. nov. (Coniophoraceae, Basidiomycota) from southern VietnamAuthor(s): Ya-Nan Zhao; Shi-Liang Liu; Karen K. Nakasone; Shuang-Hui He
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionConiophoropsis bambusicola sp. nov. is described and illustrated from southern Vietnam based on morphological and molecular evidence. It is the second species in the genus, and differs from the type, C. obscura, by having much smaller basidiospores measuring 5.5–7 × 4–5 μm and growing on the culms of dead bamboo. The phylogenetic analyses based on a combined dataset of nuc rDNA ITS1-5.8S-ITS2 (ITS) and nuc 28S rDNA (28S) sequences of Boletales show that Coniophoropsis bambusicola is closely related to Coniophora.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationZhao, Ya-Nan; Liu, Shi-Liang; Nakasone, Karen K.; He, Shuang-Hui. 2018. Coniophoropsis bambusicola sp. nov. (Coniophoraceae, Basidiomycota) from southern Vietnam. Phytotaxa. 360(2): 153-160. https://doi.org/10.11646/phytotaxa.360.2.7.
KeywordsBambusicolous fungi, Boletales, Coniophora, corticioid fungi, taxonomy
- Two new species of Aleurodiscus s.l. (Russulales, Basidiomycota) on bamboo from tropics
- Taxonomy and phylogeny of Lopharia s.s., Dendrodontia, Dentocorticium and Fuscocerrena (Basidiomycota, Polyporales)
- Biological resistance of nanoclay-treated plastic composites with different bamboo contents to three types of fungi
XML: View XML