Skip to Main Content
United States pulpwood receipts : softwood and hardwood, roundwood and residues, 1950-1996Author(s): C. Denise Ingram; Peter J. Ince; Ryan L. Mehlberg
Source: (General technical report FPL ; GTR-115):34 p. : ill., map ; 28 cm.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (297 KB)
DescriptionThis report shows pulpwood receipts at wood pulp mills in the United States for the period 1950 to 1996. It is an update of the General Technical Report FPL1GTR173, bUnited States Pulpwood Receipts: Softwood and Hardwood, Roundwood and Residues, 195011989,c published in 1993. This report continues as a compilation of published and estimated data based on information from various sources, including the American Pulpwood Association and the USDA Forest Service. Data are presented for the Northeast, North Central, total north, Southeast, South Central, total south, and total west regions of the United States, in both cords and cubic meters. Trends are also shown in the use of hardwoods compared with softwoods and residues compared with roundwood. These historical data were compiled to help develop new pulpwood supply functions for the North American Pulp and Paper Model of the USDA Forest Service.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIngram, C. Denise.; Ince, Peter J.; Mehlberg, Ryan L. 1999. United States pulpwood receipts : softwood and hardwood, roundwood and residues, 1950-1996. (General technical report FPL ; GTR-115):34 p. : ill., map ; 28 cm.
KeywordsPulpwood, Softwoods, Hardwoods, Timber trade, Wood residue, Roundwood, Economics
- United States pulpwood receipts : softwood and hardwood, roundwood and residues, 1950-1989
- Southern pulpwood production, 1985
- Southern pulpwood production, 1972
XML: View XML