Skip to Main Content
Forest Resources of the United States, 2017: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2020 RPA AssessmentAuthor(s): Sonja N. Oswalt; W. Brad Smith; Patrick D. Miles; Scott A. Pugh
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-97. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Washington Office.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
Download Publication (15.0 MB)
Related Research Highlights
Forest Resources of the United States, 2017
DescriptionThis publication provides forest resource statistics contributing to the 2020 Resources Planning Act (RPA) Assessment to provide current information on the Nation's forests. Resource tables present estimates of forest area, volume, mortality, growth, removals, and timber-product output in various ways within the context of changes since 1953. Additional analyses look at the resource from an ecological, health, and productivity perspective. Tables are available in .pdf and Excel format online at https://www.fia.fs.fed.us/program-features/rpa/. Users may also query Forest Inventory and Analysis data using the online EVALIDator tool, selecting the radio button labeled "Use RPA definition of forestland" on the second page of the query tool, available online at https://apps.fs.usda.gov/Evalidator/evalidator.jsp. 2017 RPA Data Tables (Excel format, 1.5 MB).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOswalt, Sonja N.; Smith, W. Brad; Miles, Patrick D.; Pugh, Scott A., coords. 2019. Forest Resources of the United States, 2017: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2020 RPA Assessment. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-97. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Washington Office. 223 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/WO-GTR-97
KeywordsResources Planning Act Assessment, inventory, forest statistics, area, volume, productivity
- U.S.-Affiliated jurisdictions of the insular Caribbean and Pacific
- Forest Resources of the United States, 2012: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 update of the RPA Assessment
- Forest Resources of the United States, 2002
XML: View XML