Skip to Main Content
Neoboletus antillanus sp. nov. (Boletaceae), first report of a red-pored bolete from the Dominican Republic and insights on the genus NeoboletusAuthor(s): Matteo Gelardi; Claudio Angelini; Federica Costanzo; Francesco Dovana; Beatriz Ortiz-Santana; Alfredo Vizzini
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (4.0 MB)
DescriptionNeoboletus antillanus sp. nov. appears to be the only red-pored bolete known from the Dominican Republic to date. It is reported as a novel species to science based on collections gathered in a neotropical lowland mixed broadleaved woodland. A detailed morphological description, color images of fresh basidiomes in habitat and line drawings of the main anatomical features are provided and relationships with phylogenetically and phenotypically similar taxa are discussed. Three genomic regions (nrITS, nrLSU/28S and rpb2) have been sequenced in order to reinforce the recognition of the new species and to elucidate its taxonomic affiliation within Neoboletus.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGelardi, Matteo; Angelini, Claudio; Costanzo, Federica; Dovana, Francesco; Ortiz-Santana, Beatriz; Vizzini, Alfredo. 2019. Neoboletus antillanus sp. nov. (Boletaceae), first report of a red-pored bolete from the Dominican Republic and insights on the genus Neoboletus. MycoKeys. 49: 73-97. https://doi.org/10.3897/mycokeys.49.33185.
KeywordsBoletales, molecular phylogeny, Greater Antilles, neotropical boletes, Sutorius, taxonomy
- Phylogenetic and morphological studies in Xylodon (Hymenochaetales, Basidiomycota) with the addition of four new species
- A discussion on the genus Fomitiporella (Hymenochaetaceae, Hymenochaetales) and first record of F. americana from southern South America
- Tuber aztecorum sp. nov., a truffle species from Mexico belonging to the Maculatum clade (Tuberaceae, Pezizales)
XML: View XML