Skip to Main Content
An Innovative Method for Identifying Fruitful Scanning Sources for Forest FuturesAuthor(s): Bo Roe; Andy Hines
Source: In: Hines, Andy; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J., comps. The Forest Futures Horizon Scanning project. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-187. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 14-21.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (588.0 KB)
DescriptionThe Forest Futures Horizon Scanning project depends on volunteer scanners, who often have no experience with scanning. Therefore, it was important to find ways to help volunteers become productive scanners quickly and effectively. This paper describes a method that was developed for identifying a list of useful and relevant scanning sources for the forest futures domain. The table of scanning sources produced by this research is a valuable first step to help new scanners begin to identify signals of change related to forest futures.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoe, Bo; Hines, Andy. 2019. An Innovative Method for Identifying Fruitful Scanning Sources for Forest Futures. In: Hines, Andy; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J., comps. The Forest Futures Horizon Scanning project. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-187. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station: 14-21. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-187-paper2. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-187-paper2.
- Forest Futures: A Guide for Scanners
- Identifying Current USDA Forest Service Issues to Provide Context for Horizon Scanning
- The Forest Futures Horizon Scanning project
XML: View XML