Green Readiness, Response, and Recovery: A Collaborative SynthesisAuthor(s): Lindsay K. Campbell; Erika Svendsen; Nancy Falxa Sonti; Sarah J. Hines; David Maddox
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-185. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 358 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report - Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (7.0 MB)
DescriptionA collection of case studies, interviews, and personal reflections inspired by a national workshop, Green Readiness, Response, and Recovery: A Collaborative Synthesis includes lessons learned from a diverse group of practitioners and researchers about the ways in which environmental stewardship has served as a catalyst for revitalizing communities. Its focus is on practical solutions from various sectors on how to best prepare for, respond to, and recover from disturbances. The book contains a wide range of examples, including social and environmental disturbances and disasters, urban and rural geographies, and various modes of action, from small nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) to government agencies. This volume is a shared endeavor by the USDA Forest Service and the TKF Foundation as they work to understand, cultivate, and celebrate the persistence of community, nature, and the human spirit.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCampbell, Lindsay K.; Svendsen, Erika; Sonti, Nancy Falxa; Hines, Sarah J.;Maddox, David, eds. 2019. Green Readiness, Response, and Recovery: A Collaborative Synthesis. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-185. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 358 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-185.
- Capturing community context of human response to forest disturbance by insects: a multi-method assessment
- Monitoring environmental change with color slides
XML: View XML