Skip to Main Content
Foreword: The value of stewardship in times of recoveryAuthor(s): Tony L. Ferguson
Source: In: Campbell, Lindsay K.; Svendsen, Erika; Sonti, Nancy Falxa; Hines, Sarah J.; Maddox, David, eds. Green readiness, response, and recovery: A collaborative synthesis. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-185. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service: 8-9.
Publication Series: Paper (invited, offered, keynote)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (46.0 KB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service was created in 1905 with a mission that continues to resonate and inspire our work today: "To sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation's forests and grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations." Our emphasis on both land and people is summarized in our motto, "Caring for the land and serving people," in recognition of our civic service, the fundamental importance of nature to human health and well-being, and our desire to awaken and strengthen all people's connection to the land. "Caring for the land" represents our commitment to land conservation, restoration, and stewardship.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFerguson, Tony L. 2019. Foreword: The value of stewardship in times of recovery. In: Campbell, Lindsay K.; Svendsen, Erika; Sonti, Nancy Falxa; Hines, Sarah J.; Maddox, David, eds. Green readiness, response, and recovery: A collaborative synthesis. Gen. Tech. Rep. NRS-P-185. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service: 8-9. https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-GTR-P-185-fw1.
- Human Health Impacts of Forest Fires in the Southern United States: A Literature Review
- Ecosystem health and human health: healthy planet, healthy living
- Nearby nature—A cost-effective prescription for better community health?
XML: View XML