Skip to Main Content
Field performance of timber bridges. 16, North Siwell Road stress-laminated bridgeAuthor(s): J. A. Kainz
Source: (Research paper FPL ; RP-570):17 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (823 KB)
DescriptionThe North Siwell Road bridge was constructed during December 1994 in Hinds County, Mississippi. The bridge is a single-span, stress-laminated T-beam structure that measures 9.1 m (30 ft) long and 8.7 m (28.5 ft) wide. Performance of the bridge was monitored for 24 months, beginning at the time of installation. Monitoring involved gathering and evaluating data relative to the moisture content of the wood components, force level of stressing bars, and behavior of the bridge under static load conditions. In addition, comprehensive visual inspections were conducted to assess the overall condition of the structure. Based on field evaluations, the bridge is performing well.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKainz, J. A. Field performance of timber bridges. 16, North Siwell Road stress-laminated bridge. (Research paper FPL ; RP-570):17 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
KeywordsBridges., Structural timbers, Laminated wood, Stress analysis, Performance, Stress lamination, Bridge decks
- Field performance of timber bridges. 17, Ciphers stress-laminated deck bridge
- Field performance of timber bridges. 13, Mohawk Canal stress-laminated bridge
- Field performance of timber bridges. 14, Dean, Hibbsville, and Decatur stress-laminated deck bridges
XML: View XML