Skip to Main Content
Arrowleaf balsamroot (Balsamorhiza sagittata)Author(s): Corey L. Gucker; Nancy L. Shaw
Source: In: Gucker, Corey L.; Shaw, Nancy L., eds. Western forbs: Biology, ecology, and use in restoration. Reno, NV: Great Basin Fire Science Exchange. Online: http://greatbasinfirescience.org/western-forbs-restoration.
Publication Series: Guidebooks
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionArrowleaf balsamroot is primarily a western species occurring from the Cascade and Sierra Nevada mountain ranges to the Black Hills of South Dakota. It is found in the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan and in the U.S. states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming (USDA FS 1937; Weber 2006). It is particularly widespread east of the Cascades at low to mid-elevations (Hitchcock and Cronquist 1973).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGucker, Corey L.; Shaw, Nancy L. 2019. Arrowleaf balsamroot (Balsamorhiza sagittata). In: Gucker, Corey L.; Shaw, Nancy L., eds. Western forbs: Biology, ecology, and use in restoration. Reno, NV: Great Basin Fire Science Exchange; Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Online: http://greatbasinfirescience.org/western-forbs-restoration.
Keywordsnative plants, native seed production, plant ecology, restoration, revegetation, seed technology, seeding, wildflowers
- Plant Guide: Hooker's balsamroot: Balsamorhiza hookeri (Hook.) Nutt
- Plant Guide: Cutleaf balsamroot: Balsamorhiza macrophylla Nutt.
- Plant Guide: Arrowleaf balsamroot (Balsamorhiza sagittata [Pursh] Nutt.)
XML: View XML