Skip to Main Content
The genus Enlinia Aldrich in Chile (Diptera: Dolichopodidae), with the description of four new speciesAuthor(s): J. B. Runyon; M. Pollet
Source: Neotropical Entomology. 48: 604-613.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionFour new species of Enlinia Aldrich are described from Chile: Enlinia biobio n. sp., Enlinia chilensis n. sp., Enlinia enormis n. sp., and Enlinia isoloba n. sp. These specimens were collected during a 2013 invertebrate survey in sclerophyll and Valdivian temperate rain forest habitats of the central and southern Chilean Andes. The only other species of Enlinia recorded from Chile is E. atrata (Van Duzee). Photos of holotypes and type localities and a key to the five species known to occur in Chile are provided.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRunyon, J. B.; Pollet, M. 2019. The genus Enlinia Aldrich in Chile (Diptera: Dolichopodidae), with the description of four new species. Neotropical Entomology. 48: 604-613.
KeywordsNeotropical, micro-dolichopodids, Enlinia, Enliniinae, South America, new species, Chile, Andes, Valdivian temperate rain forest
- The world species of Balcha Walker (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea: Eupelmidae), parasitoids of wood-boring beetles
- Enlinia Aldrich, 1933 of Mitaraka, French Guiana (Diptera: Dolichopodidae)
- Revision of the net-winged midges of the genus Blepharicera macquart (diptera: blephariceridae) of eastern North America
XML: View XML