Photo guide for estimating fuel loading in the Southern Appalachian MountainsAuthor(s): T. Adam Coates; Thomas A. Waldrop; Todd F. Hutchinson; Helen H. Mohr
Source: FS GTR SRS-241
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (22.0 MB)
This field guide provides 74 photographs that depict observed fuel loads within the Southern Appalachian Mountains. The guide contains instructions on how to select a reference photograph and utilize the fuel loading information to aid in prescribed fire planning.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCoates, T. Adam; Waldrop, Thomas A.; Hutchinson, Todd F.; Mohr, Helen H. 2019. Photo guide for estimating fuel loading in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-241. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 180 p.
KeywordsPrescribed fire, fuel loads
- Photo guide for estimating risk to hardwood trees during prescribed burning operations in eastern oak forests
- Stereo photo guide for estimating canopy fuel characteristics in conifer stands
- A visual training tool for the Photoload sampling technique
XML: View XML