Skip to Main Content
American Samoa’s forest resources: Forest inventory and analysis, 2012Author(s): Michelle K. Lazaro; Olaf Kuegler; Sharon M. Stanton; Ashley D. Lehman; Mary L. Taufete’e; Mikhail A. Yatskov
Source: Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-269. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 51 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (3.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report highlights key findings from 2012 data collected by the Forest Inventory and Analysis program across all forested land on four islands in American Samoa, updating previously published findings from data collected in 2001 (Donnegan et al. 2004). We summarize and interpret basic resource information such as estimates of forest area, stem volume, biomass, numbers of trees, damages to trees, and tree size distribution as well as overstory and understory vegetation cover and information on invasive plant species presence and cover. Detailed tables and graphical highlights are included to help inform resource managers and policymakers, as well as educate the public regarding the status and trends of their local natural resources. The appendices provide details on inventory methods and design and include summary tables of data, with statistical error, for the wide variety of forest characteristics inventoried.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLazaro, Michelle K.; Kuegler, Olaf; Stanton, Sharon M.; Lehman, Ashley D.; Taufete’e, Mary L.; Yatskov, Mikhail A. 2019. American Samoa’s forest resources: Forest inventory and analysis, 2012. Resour. Bull. PNW-RB-269. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 51 p.
KeywordsAmerican Samoa, biomass, carbon, damage, forest land, inventory, vegetation, invasive plants.
- Guam’s forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2013
- American Samoa's forest resources, 2001.
- California's forest resources: Forest Inventory and Analysis, 2001–2010
XML: View XML