Skip to Main Content
Wood-based panel plant locations and timber availability in selected U.S. statesAuthor(s): T. McKeever; H. N. Spelter
Source: (General technical report FPL ; GTR-103): p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (2.9 MB)
DescriptionThis report lists wood-based panel industry plant locations, production capacities, timber inventories, and wood costs for 24 U.S. states. Industry sectors covered include medium-density fiberboard, particleboard, softwood plywood, and oriented strandboard. Maps of major forest producing states show plant locations and the underlying density of timber stocking by county. The study relates physical measures of timber availability to market measures of timber scarcity and draws inferences about the potential of selected states to increase timber output at their present rate of forest productivity.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcKeever, T.; Spelter, H. N. 1998. Wood-based panel plant locations and timber availability in selected U.S. states. (General technical report FPL ; GTR-103): p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
KeywordsForest products industries, Surveys, Forest inventories, Mill, USA
- Louisiana forest industry statistics, 1962
- Wyoming’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2014: Part IV: Supplemental tables
- California’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2006
XML: View XML