Skip to Main Content
Structural reliability of plank decksAuthor(s): Andrzej S. Nowak; Chris Eamon; Michael A. Ritter
Source: Structural engineering in the 21st century : proceedings of the 1999 Structures Congress, April 18-21, 1999, New Orleans, Louisiana. Reston, VA : American Society of Civil Engineers, 1999.:p. 688-691.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (22 KB)
DescriptionThe structural reliability of plank decks designed by the AASHTO codes are determined. Inadequacies in load distribution and plank resistance in the current specifications are identified.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNowak, Andrzej S.; Eamon, Chris.; Ritter, Michael A. 1999. Structural reliability of plank decks. Structural engineering in the 21st century : proceedings of the 1999 Structures Congress, April 18-21, 1999, New Orleans, Louisiana. Reston, VA : American Society of Civil Engineers, 1999.:p. 688-691.
KeywordsBridges, Structural timbers, Decks, Reliability, Structural design, Specifications, Quality standards
- Estimating bridge stiffness using a forced-vibration technique for timber bridge health monitoring
- Service life assessment of timber highway bridges in USA climate zones
- Condition assessment of main structural members of steam schooner WAPAMA
XML: View XML