Skip to Main Content
News and views of this kiln-drying business : a calendar for air-drying lumber in the upper MidwestAuthor(s): R.C. Rietz
Source: (Research note FPL ; 0224):3 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (18 KB)
DescriptionThe Problem: How to determine the number of days required for air-drying lumber to 20 percent moisture content. The Answer: By developing an annual calendar of effective drying days.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRietz, R.C. 1972. News and views of this kiln-drying business : a calendar for air-drying lumber in the upper Midwest. (Research note FPL ; 0224):3 p.
KeywordsLumbe, Moisture conten, Air drying, Drying schedules, Drying rate
- Operation and cost of a small dehumidification dry kiln
- Dry kiln operator's manual
- Improvements In solar dry kiln design
XML: View XML