Skip to Main Content
Impacts of housing market trends on the wood products industryAuthor(s): Urs Buehlmann; Matt Bumgardner; Karen Koenig
Source: FDMC. July: 24-26.
Publication Series: Magazines or Trade Publications
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (384.0 KB)
DescriptionWhat's ahead for wood products manufacturers involved in construction-based sectors and what investments have companies planned to improve their capabilities in the current business environment? To gain perspective, construction-based markets continued their growth trends in 2018, as U.S. spending on multi-family housing increased for an eighth consecutive year, while spending on new single family housing and nonresidential construction both increased for a seventh straight year, and spending on repair and remodeling increased for the sixth consecutive time, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBuehlmann, Urs; Bumgardner, Matt; Koenig, Karen. 2019. Impacts of housing market trends on the wood products industry. FDMC. July: 24-26.
- Housing & woodworking: industry actions and trends
- Housing's impact on wood products sales
- United States Housing Brief, December 2020
XML: View XML