Skip to Main Content
Research accomplishments for wood transportation structures based on a national research needs assessmentAuthor(s): M. A. Ritter; S. R. Duwadi
Source: (General technical report FPL ; GTR-105):ii, 30 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (344 KB)
DescriptionIn 1991, the USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory (FPL) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) formed a joint cooperative research program for wood transportation structures. Development and execution of this program was based on a national assessment of research needs and priorities. In the 5 years since completion of the research needs assessment, significant research has been completed or is ongoing for wood transportation structures. This publication provides a summary of the research accomplishments of the joint FPL1FHWA research program for wood transportation structures.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRitter, M. A.; Duwadi, S. R. 1998. Research accomplishments for wood transportation structures based on a national research needs assessment. (General technical report FPL ; GTR-105):ii, 30 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
KeywordsResearch, Structures, Wood utilization, Wooden structures
- Summary of U.S. research on wood transportation structures
- Development of a six-year research needs assessment for timber transportation structures
- Naval stores research at the Forest Products Laboratory, past and present
XML: View XML