Skip to Main Content
Artemisia tridentata subsp. wyomingensisAuthor(s): Robin J. Innes
Source: In: Fire Effects Information System. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula Fire Sciences Laboratory. Online: https://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/shrub/arttriw/all.html.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionWyoming big sagebrush is a widely distributed shrub that is native to the western United States. It occupies the largest area of the big sagebrush cover types. Wyoming big sagebrush ecosystems support hundreds of plant and animal species, including sage-grouse and many other sagebrush obligates, and Wyoming big sagebrush may be the single most important plant to sage-grouse. Its distribution has been reduced since European-American settlement, and it may become further reduced or altered by changes in fire regimes, spread of nonnative plants, conifer expansion, climate changes, and other factors. This review synthesizes the scientific literature on Wyoming big sagebrush biology and ecology throughout its distribution, with an emphasis on how fire affects it and how Wyoming big sagebrush communities respond after fire.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationInnes, Robin J. 2019. Artemisia tridentata subsp. wyomingensis. In: Fire Effects Information System. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula Fire Sciences Laboratory. Online: https://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/shrub/arttriw/all.html.
KeywordsWyoming big sagebrush, Artemisia tridentata subsp. wyomingensis, Fire Effects Information System
- Transcriptome sequencing, characterization, and polymorphism detection in subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisa tridentata)
- Studies of a new hybrid taxon in the Artemisia tridentata (Asteraceae: Anthemideae) complex
- Seeding considerations in restoring big sagebrush habitat
XML: View XML