Skip to Main Content
Development and application of research and technologies for the sustainable management of forestsAuthor(s): Frederick W. Cubbage; Kathleen McGinley
Source: U.S. Forest Sustainability Indicator 7.51.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: International Institute of Tropical Forestry
PDF: Download Publication (201.0 KB)
DescriptionResearch and development provide the scientific basis for adaptive, sustainable management of forests. Research is critical to understanding and improving forest conditions, determining compatible human uses, and developing technologies that sustain the availability and productivity of market and nonmarket forest goods and services. This indicator measures the development and application of research and technologies for sustainable forest management.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCubbage, Frederick W.; McGinley, Kathleen A. 2018. U.S. Forest Sustainability Indicator 7.51. Development and application of research and technologies for the sustainable management of forests. 4 pp.
- Programs, services, and other resources supporting the sustainable management of forests
- Sustainable development education, practice, and research: an indigenous model of sustainable development at the College of Menominee Nation, Keshena, WI, USA
- Research and management of soil, plant, animal, and human resources in the Middle Rio Grande Basin
XML: View XML