Skip to Main Content
James W. Wiley, 1943–2018Author(s): Noel F R. Snyder; Herbert Raffaele; Arturo Kirkconnell; Joseph Wunderle
Source: The Auk
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: International Institute of Tropical Forestry
Download Publication (218.0 KB)
DescriptionWe meet few people in our lives who command unblemished lifelong respect and affection based on both their scientific accomplishments and their admirable personal qualities, and it is with profound sorrow that we recognize the passing of someone with these attributes, one of the most outstanding individuals in the tribe of field ornithologists— James Warren Wiley.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSnyder, Noel F R; Raffaele, Herbert; Kirkconnell, Arturo; Wunderle, Joseph. 2019. James W. Wiley, 1943–2018. The Auk. 136(3) https://doi.org/10.1093/auk/ukz037.
- Acquisition of plumage polymorphism in white-throated sparrows
- Southwestern willow flycatchers (Empidonax traillii extimus) in a grazed landscape: factors influencing brood parasitism
- Effects of breeding and molt activity on songbird site fidelity
XML: View XML